Thursday, November 3, 2016

That's MY ____________!!!!!!



We've all been in a position where we have been extremely proud of a family member - at a graduation, a performance, a sporting event, or whether they were recognized for some other notable achievement. People shout out things like "That's MY baby!" or "That's MY sister!" so forth and so on. I've done it too. In our eyes they have done something so magnificent, that we want to sing the praises of our family member to the world.

This also applies to our ancestors! Many of you can relate that doing genealogy is such an emotional journey! You began to learn all about your ancestors. They become so real that you can feel the highs and lows of their life's story. Oftentimes, there is always that one ancestor who stands out as our favorite or most fascinating. I have one - he's my 2x Great Uncle! His accomplishments may not be a big deal to some, but they are major to me. "That's MY Uncle" and I want everyone to know! I hope to share some of his story tomorrow for Family Friday!

Who is your favorite ancestor? I encourage you to share their story tomorrow also! Remember to use #FamilyFriday and #ThatsMY*insert relation* when posting!

Happy Sharing! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment